Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Prayer of Salvation

As Christians one of the greatest privileges we have is the opportunity to lead someone to Christ. If you or someone you know is ever in that blessed position and may need a prayer to help them get started, share with them this simple prayer. It is not a formula. It's a way to get started. From there let the Holy Spirit guide you in knowing what to say. Let the lost person repeat the prayer, a piece at a time, until the end. When you are finished, shout for joy! Because we know that the angels in heaven are rejoicing over even one sinner who repents. (Luke 15:7)

"Lord, I want to be saved, and I want to know you. I know that I have sinned in my life, and I ask that you forgive all my sins, the ones I know about, and the ones I don't know about. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. I now receive my forgiveness, and I invite Jesus into my heart and into my life. Thank you, Lord, for saving me. Amen."

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment