Friday, March 6, 2009

The Garden Beyond the Veil






Copyright 1981 Gloria Fisher.
All rights reserved.



She tapped my shoulder in my sleep
Awakening me to pools of sky-blue loving eyes,
Silver hair 'round her head like a halo
And her hand reaching for mine.

In this life we'd never met before,
But I loved her in an instant
And emotion choked my words as I tried to tell her
How happy I was she'd finally come for me.

We floated through my bedroom doorway
And through a veil beyond
Where I saw my bare feet leave carpet and step onto
emerald grass,
But I never felt its touch.

There in the emerald garden green among
A sea of other unknown loving eyes,
Love poured forth from them
And I knew each one and loved them all.

Time stood still in that place of peace
And we shared our love within.
We spoke of the Master and the World To Come,
But we never said a word.

A cloud passed over those sky-blue eyes
As she led me back to bed,
And I cried to think I could not stay
In the peace of that heavenly Eden.

But before she left she promised me
That she'll come back one day
And take me again where the saints await
To the garden beyond the veil.

No comments:

Post a Comment